POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Sep 22, 2012

GALAPAGOS


The New York Zoological Society has the largest colony of the Giant Galapagos Tortoises in the world at the North Miami Zoo.  This almost extinct animal is both gentle and harmless and frequently weighs a half ton or more.  They eat no meat and each eats at least 30 lbs. of vegetables daily.
Giant Galapagos  Tortoises
North Miami Zoo, Fla.

I never knew of a Zoo in North Miami.  But there is a beautiful Zoo now located in South Miami.  I was there couple months ago.  I don't remember Galapagos Tortoise then.
After checking out the Zoo Website I see that you can adopt one of the Galapagos Tortoises at the Zoo now.
http://zoomiami.reachlocal.net/support-the-zoo.asp?Id=205&parentId=86&rootId=7
This post is to mark my brothers Holiday in the Ecuadorian Rain Forrest and his trip to the Galapagos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?