POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Dec 31, 2012

"ON THE TOWN"

On NEW YEARS EVE, 1975/1976 I moved to MANHATTAN, Greenwich Village, West Village on Jane Street.  The temperature was cold. I remember Snow Flurries that night.  How exciting for a New York arrival.  I spent New Years Eve with good friends just Uptown of Times Square. Could see the crowd in the Square from the windows of the Penthouse apt. high above the mob in the street.  Great View. Good Times.  Nice being Young.  Wow!~Long Time ago. 
         
 <HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013>
This is my favorite meeting spot in the "Big Apple".  Everyone knows this Atlas Landmark in Rockefeller Center.  Meet you there.  Hope you enjoy the visit.
Wow! someone had the same idea for a Happy New Year Greeting over 100 years ago.
                                                                    
       * * * * * *
         "ON THE TOWN"
       * * * * * *
We will arrive at La Guardia Field
early.
                             LOOKING AT DOWNTOWN SKYLINE
FROM UNDER BROOKLYN BRIDGE
When I was a young man back in the mid 70s
I lived in Manhattan for 3 exciting and wonderful years
Haven't been back for a visit in ages.
In the past any visit to N.Y. started with a visit to
ST. PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL
5TH AVENUE AND 50TH STREET

Lets see now.  While visiting the Big Apple we will need a place to crash.
There are a few places midtown that will be fantastic.


WALDORF ASTORIA
NEW YORK
Would love to.
Maybe next time.



HOTEL NEW YORKER
Where night turns into play
THE TERRACE ROOM
Now that sounds like fun.

THE GOTHAM
I actually worked in the Gotham back in the 70s. 
I taught Ballroom and Disco at Fred Astaire Studio
on the Mezzanine
While in midtown we may as well have a walk through Central Park
5TH AVENUE HOTELS AND BUILDINGS
NEAR PLAZA IN CENTRAL PARK
A great place for a carriage ride.

CENTRAL PARK AT 59TH STREET
SAVOY PLAZA  SHERRY NETHERLANDS  PIERRE AND PLAZA
I was lucky enough to spend a week in the Plaza many years ago when I was working in Regional Theatre.  We did a show in Boston for Civitan International and they put us up in the Plaza after for a treat.
Yes it was quite nice.
We got hooked up with a preview private screening of the upcoming movie
"THATS ENTERTAINMENT"


SCENE IN CENTRAL PARK
one of my favorite spots
I always loved watching the sailboats on the pond in the Park
The Zoo
Conservatory lake
The Lake and Boat House


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?