POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Aug 23, 2013

How I spent my Summer Vacation...

My brother Jerry flew in from San Francisco and we began our road trip in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.  We first passed through Birmingham, Alabama to visit family.
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA

            VESTAVIA, Home of Geo. B Ward         

The country home of Mr. Geo. B. Ward, former mayor of Birmingham, on the crest of Shades Mountain, altitude 1,300 feet, 6 miles from Birmingham, Ala.  Replica of celebrated Temple of Vesta of Rome.  Destroyed in the fifth century.  Dimensions of building--70 feet high, 186 feet in circumference.   20 columns 9 feet circumference.
* *  * * * 

"Hi it's Me at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?