POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Sep 4, 2013

Flivver

 I found this Card with 
That Dear Old Flivver 
and then later found a 
Yellowstone card with the mention 
of a Flivver.  I don't remember 
hearing of a Flivver until this. 

Definition from Wikipedia: A Flivver is an American slang term used during the early part of the 20th century to refer to any small car that gave a rough ride, esp. one that is small, inexpensive, and old. A contemporary term was a "Tin Lizzy" (referring to a Ford Model T).

7/24/28
Dear Mother:- We reached Y. Stone about 7:30 this P.M.  
Had terrible roads but the flivver is running OK.  Will write later. 
(I just watched Old Faithful shoot its face off.)
                                                  Greg

"Driving around New York in 1928.
with good roads,
Flivvers everywhere!
Times were different."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?