POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Feb 2, 2014

* SUNDAY STAMPS *

 Heiltsuk, Bella Bella Indian Art
 USA 15c
If you're interested
* * * * * *
  
The Totem
More Indian Art of the North West
Posted March 30, 1967
SITKA, AK
Secretary Seward and 
Baron Edouard de Stoeckl  of Russia  
conferring over the signing of the Treaty.

FIRST DAY OF ISSUE
100th ANNIVERSARY
Purchase of Alaska
1867 - 1967
  8c   UNITED STATES AIR MAIL STAMP
 * * * * * *
Thought you might enjoy seeing a picture I made 
on a Road trip to the North West.
These Totems were carved by native artists 
from the same part of the world as the Heiltsuk and other First Nations people.  I captured this image in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

VISIT OTHERS AT

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful covers and thanks for posting your photo too. It's hard to imagine a country/state/part of a country being up for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb cover and those totems are amazing. I've only ever seen one in the British Museum but they look so much better amongst nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photo; good stamp but the actual totems are better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The totems are pretty impressive! Great cover and stamps, too. I'm just starting to be interested in covers but I really can't let myself collect anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. imagine, 8 cents for airmail! so much more now. thank you for your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These totem have always intrigued me. The stamp is superb. I'm not sure about the feeling of buying a state (but this is a different theme!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. dont exactly know why, but Totems have always fascinated me...feeling so mysterious, as if hiding many secrets behind those "facial expressions"

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?