POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Feb 8, 2014

* SUNDAY STAMPS *

theme Flowers
 LIBERTY HYDE 
BAILEY
AUTHOR - TEACHER
HORTICULTURIST

Honoring the
Garden and Horticultural
Clubs of America

First Day of Issue
Posted: ITHACA, N.Y.
March 15, 1958
* * * * * *
and now flowers from
BOTSWANA POST
KASANE POST OFFICE

 Kgane
Ipomoea bolusiana
"tried but could not come up with a common name"
* * * * * *
from South America
CORREOS DEL ECUADOR
"MAIL OF ECUADOR"
CABALLITO DE MAR
"LITTLE KEY OF"
GALAPAGOS
SANTA CRUZ
Celebrating 50yrs of
Banco de Machala
1962 - 2012  
"I love the seahorse on the cancellation".
BANANA
FRUIT & FLOWER

13 comments:

  1. I'd never really considered banana flowers before though of course they must have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen bananas growing but I don't recall seeing the flowers. Lovely covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamps in the first cover are wonderful. I love these vintage style. also the postmark in the last one is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of horticulturists what a neat idea. I like the stamp theme of Flora and the horn of plenty. Seahorses are such cute creatures I think that is the first time I've seen them on a cancel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy,I love the cancel myself. It's very cool.

      Delete
  5. What a selection you have given us and the seahorse postmark seals it to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bob, I appreciate the compliment. Beginners Luck.

      Delete
  6. Your first stamps are a great addition to this theme! I would not have thought of it. Plus I don't have those stamps :-)
    thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always enjoy Sunday Stamps. Wish I had more stamps to share. I have only recently started accumulating them. I started a few weeks back saying I was not a stamp collector. I am afraid the bug has bitten.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I saw a banana flower for the first time a couple months ago (in a greenhouse).
    What a cool name 'Liberty Hyde Bailey'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Know, I thought the same thing about "Liberty Hyde Bailey"

      Delete

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?