POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Oct 27, 2012

SLOWLY I TURNED, step by step, inch by inch

Isn't that a Three Stooges gag?
It has something to do with NIAGARA FALLS.

Horseshoe Falls from Prospect Point
I always picked up any Niagara Falls Post Cards I came by.   There are lots of those cards out there trust me.  After all it is one of the top Tourist Destinations.  Unfortunately I have not been to Niagara Falls.  Hope I can see it one day.  It must be a grand experience.

     Above the American Falls a series of shelves create numerous miniature Niagaras, and stubborn rocks resisting the current as they project themselves up toward the surface, cause a tumultuous rapids of white spray and foam.
     The skyline of the World's Power City is yearly becoming more impressive, and in the background of this picture we see the Cataract House, the United Building, and the Niagara Hotel. 
                                 American rapids above the Falls looking from Goat Island, N.Y.

     American Falls from Goat Isle.  From this point the 1,060 feet of the contour line of the American Falls can be seen to the best advantage.  Goat Island itself is a beautiful Natural Park heavily timbered, surrounded on three sides by rushing torrents and with a precipice 200 feet high extending across the lower end.  This view of the falls must be seen to be properly appreciated.

     I think this subject will make a great series with episodes.
So lets get going.   First I think we need to find a VACANCY for our headquarters.  We have a couple of choices.

     They look like nice places and are both on Route U.S. 62 & N.Y. 18
Niagara Falls N.Y.  I think Martin's Cabins is our best bet they are only 8 minutes from the Falls but Fort Principe Motel is 15 minutes away.
      Martin's Attractive Court on Spacioous Grounds--Hot Water
Heat--Private Shower Baths--Open from March to December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?