POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Sep 15, 2015

== Union Terminal ==

 
Cincinnati Union Terminal and Fountain, Cincinnati, Ohio


 
The main concourse of the Union Terminal, built
at a cost of $41,000,000. is semi-circular in shape,
and the right and left hand sides of the dome
contain the largest silhouette mosaics in the world,
the left hand mural portraying the history of transportation
and the right hand , the growth of Cincinnati. 
It also contains information and ticket windows,
retail shops, restaurant facilities, etc.

- Lobby Union Terminal -
 

- Interior of Union Terminal -


posted: 1948
Tues. Noon
Arrive here about 5:30 this morning- made all connections but the crowds were terrible.  I feel as if someone had pummeled me.  That train in St. L. had already loaded 1/2 hr. before e got there - so standing room only.  Two soldiers squeezed me in with them - so we rode, All aisles were crammed.  Thanks for everything.
Love,
Ginnie

- Concourse, Union Terminal -



 
 

 
My video of Union Terminal.  I visited Cincinnati last year and
fell totally in love with the Art Deco, Union Railroad Terminal
Now a great Museum with IMAX Theatre.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?