POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Apr 13, 2014

* Sunday Stamps *

For Sunday Stamps this week
I am taking my que from a post on
POSTCARDY:the postcard explorer.

Postcardy has shown a stamp commemorating the
sesquicentennial of the Lincoln Douglas Debate of 1858.

Check the post at:

That made me think, I must have a few stamps with the portrait of Abraham Lincoln. 
I will start also with a First Day Cover of the same Lincoln/Douglas stamp.
Now I have a First Day Issue of a 2cent Post Card issued July, 31, 1952.



Next I will share a First Day Cover of a 4cent Lincoln stamp. Regular postage series of 1954-1958



The four cent stamp of the general postage issue of 1954, picturing Lincoln, was first placed on sale in conjunction with the sixth annual American Stamp Dealers Association national postage stamp show in New York City.
* * * * * *

This Abraham Lincoln stamp was issued on Feb 12, 1959. and posted in Hodgenville Kentucky, I was able to visit his birthplace a couple years back.  A beautiful memorial you can see this place posted at:


Here is a First Day Cover of a 3cent stamp issued a few days later on Feb. 27, 1959.  Issued for the Lincoln sesquicentennial.



I will finish the post with another post card.  A First Day Issue of a 5cent card issued on January, 4, 1968 also canceled at Hodgenville Kentucky.


Visit Sunday Stamps for other samples of vintage stamps 
from places around the world.

6 comments:

  1. Lincoln is getting a lot of exposure today. I have the one from 1954 and one other Lincoln 4c stamp of a different colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of Lincoln covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes A great collection of Lincoln covers. I did not know so many stamps in different denominations had Lincoln on the them.
    Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so different in that 1¢ stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?