POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Apr 26, 2014

* SUNDAY STAMPS *

Theme for Sunday Stamps this week is Children 
and what better way to help Children than 
UNICEF
Above is a First Day Cover Celebrating 
the 20th Anniversary of Unicef
United Nations Children's Fund
Post Marked:
United Nations
New York
November, 28, 1966

Did You Trick or Treat for UNICEF when you were a child?
I probably did in 1961. 
That is the year the Stamp below was issued.
OMG that is more than 50 years ago.
Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of
United Nations Children's Fun
Post Marked:
United Nations
New York
December, 4 1961

Visit:

Check out:

10 comments:

  1. I love the first group of stamps with the train. I remember trick-or-treating for UNICEF.

    You seem to have forgotten to link to Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember collecting pennies for Unicef during Halloween! My that takes me back.
    thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another coincidence I picked up a United Nations franked envelope from 1971 this week with five stamps on it. None related to Unicef though. You have a find collection here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stamps and covers, I haven't seen these before, in fact I'm seeing a lot of stamps for the first time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the second FDC - never thought of posting it, so am glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking I'd never seen many UNICEF stamps and then there have been a bumper Sunday Stamps lot this week to show me how many there are. What wonderfully vibrant stamps yours are. I like how the covers show the work they do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy looking at the first two sets from UNICEF. It is so colorful and truly shows a child's happiness. :)

    Willa @ Postage Journal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the train and birds stamps, so colourful! They're such a contrast to the picture in the second FDC. I feel sad for these children: where are their mothers, and why do the nurses wear a facemask...
    Thanks to the mail (and you!) they're not forgotten...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stamps. I like to see Little Red Riding Hood in the train among the children... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?