POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Dec 15, 2012

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, Bought the Post Card

"The Mittens" in Monument Valley
I have to say I have been lucky enough to have been in the Valley twice.  It is absolutely incredible.  It is truly a spiritual spot.  You can just feel it in your heart.  It is overwhelming  and hard to belive you are not dreaming.  The location is right in the middle of nowhere on the Arizona, Utah state line. The first time I visited there was a nice visitor facility.  It is a fantastic drive through the valley.  The light, the color, the clouds, the wind, the sounds, it is almost surrealistic to experience.  The second time I went through the Valley there was a Navajo wedding taking place.  That was a special time with so many interesting things taking place.  The native dress, the horses, the wagons, the music, all amazing.  
I did get to see him make his traditional ride
to the point when I was in 
MONUMENT VALLEY
The second time I visited the visitor center was closed and I wondered what was to become of the tourist trade.  That must have been just prior to the construction of the View Hotel.  I sure would love to go back and stay for Sunrise.  Sunset was marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?