POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Dec 21, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Take a look.  I received this work of art in the mail the other day. 
It was sent to me for the Post Card Club I belong to. 
I have to find out more about Steve & Patty Howell.
This is spectacular don't you think?
                                         Best wishes to Steve & Patty
Where did they come up with all this material?  I have only recently started noticing how beautiful Christmas Seals are.  They have included 4 fantastic ones. One is dated 1931 one 1954 another 1960 and finally 0ne from 1970.  Also included 3 great Christmas usps stamps and a couple wonderful cancellations.  The card itself is a vintage Christmas Greeting card ca. 1920s.
Greeting on front:
MERRY CHRISTMAS
And if good wishes good can bring.
Mine are with you in everything.
Glad to share this with my club members and with you.
This is the first Christmas seal I came across and was captured by it. 
It is from 1927 and the artwork is by Maxfield Parrish.
I have a couple more now.

Here are two other Christmas seals I found
1941 & 1945



1 comment:

  1. It looks like they sent to Alaska for mailing and canceling.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?