POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Sep 9, 2012

VACANCY

While traveling along the road we need to keep our eyes open for a suitable place to get a good nights rest.  Watch for a VACANCY sign.

We are already in Florida so lets stay at the LYNMAR.  It is one of my favorites on Miami Beach.  It is located on fashionable Collins Avenue in what is now the Art Deco district called South Beach. 
I can't swear to it but I imagine it is still there.  Most of those Art Deco Hotels in South Beach have been saved from destruction over the passed 30 something years.  The last Deco landmark Hotel I saw come down was the New Yorker.  That must have been around 1980.  What a shame.  I actually had a chance to go inside the vacant building just before it was destroyed.  OK it had small rooms and was in horrible shape.  Most of South Beach was in bad shape back then.  It had gone to waste.  Thank goodness for the Art Deco Preservation league and the TV show MIAMI VICE that brought attention to its beautiful Art Deco Architecture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?