POST CARD SHOP


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

I Love Zazzle

I Love Zazzle

Sep 29, 2012

CYCLONE

If you have not entered the September Card of the month Contest at PostcardCollector.org its your last chance.  Contest ends Sunday, September, 30, 2012  Theme is Roller Coaster/Amusement rides     The Cyclone is my entry. What's yours?                          

                               The CYCLONE, Coney Island, N.Y.

Post Mark: Staten Island, June, 22, 9am, (l943) looks like.
Dear Mother & Dad,
Still having a wonderful time. Am awfully not though. I rode on this ride at Coney Island the day I told you we went over there. It was really a thrill. How is everything back home?
Love, Jane
Well Jane,
I took a ride on the CYCLONE back in 1977 I think it was. I was young and stupid! It was a thrill alright. Very frightening. A really rough ride and no safety features except a loose bar in front of me to hold onto for dear life. I must say though I will never forget it and am glad I did it. Does anyone know if it is still around?
Scared stiff,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. What do you think about this Post?